What is it about Junior Keys?
JKC is our premier foundation piano course where children develop a rich base of important musical skills. This forms an amazing platform on which to study any instrument in the future, students learn:-
- Reading – notes and rhythm
- Aural skills – by ear recognition of notes and phrases.
- Chord playing, which assist in developing skills such as transposition, composition, improvisation and playing by memory.
- Pattern recognition – music is built using patterns. Your child is taught to recognise musical patterns and this aids in memorisation.
- Transposing – is playing known pieces in other keys or positions on the piano. From the early stages your child will transpose.
- Theory – recognition and writing of music learn more
Junior Keys 2017 Schedule